The varsity letter system is based on a 500-point system. If a gymnast is able to earn 500 points during the course of the season, then she will earn a varsity letter for that season above and beyond the Varsity participation award.
|Contributing to Team Score||100||300|
|Competing on 3 events in Season**||100||100|
|3rd Year of completed Participation||300||300|
- Attendance Points:
- Lose 25 points for an unexcused practice
- 2 Unexcused practices are grounds for dismissal from the team
- ***Sportsmanship Points:
- These points are earned with conscientious and sportsmanlike participation at all times; including meets, practices, school hours, on the internet, and whenever representing your team/school.
- The loss of Sportsmanship points makes a gymnast ineligible for a Varsity Letter-no matter how many other points the gymnast has earned.
- **A gymnast must compete on at least THREE different events during the season. (Vault, Uneven Bars, Beam, Floor) This does not have to occur in the same meet- it can be at different meets throughout the season.
- This MUST be part of the 500 points earned towards a Varsity Letter.
- If a gymnast is injured during the season- it will be the discretion of the coach as to whether or not she will earn a varsity letter.