When: Saturday February 9th
Where: Thomas Worthington High School
This meet is divided into 2 Sessions (the morning session has 2 OCC Divisions competing, and the afternoon session has 1 OCC Division Competing)
7:00am- Davidson Gymnasts report to Davidson– Bus will depart at 7:15 am
8:45am– Competition Begins
12:45- Tentative Awards Time
11:15am- Darby & Bradley report to Davidson– Bus will depart at 11:30 am
1:15- Compeition Begins
3:50- Tentative Awards Time
There will be a bus that returns to Davidson following the conclusion of the 2nd session.
*** Davidson Gymnasts are welcome to stay during the 2nd session and ride the bus back to Davidson. IF they would like to leave after the morning session- they will need to turn in a Bus Slip by FRIDAY NIGHT to be able to leave with their parents!***
Arrival Time at Davidson: 3:00 (bus time is 3:15)
Where: Olentangy High School
Competition Start Time: 6:00 pm
We will be competing 6 gymnasts per event (this may end up being up to 9!)
Although this is an “Invitational” I don’t believe that there will be more than 8 teams- so it will run much more quickly than we are used to for an invitational (Both the Hilliard Invitational and the McGee has 16 teams)
Where: Dublin JEROME High School
8300 Hyland-Croy Rd. Dublin, OH 43016 (this is a change from previous years)
Bus Report Time: 8:00 am
Competition Begins: 10:00 am
This meet will be like the Hilliard Invitational- 4 flights of teams that rotate between the warmup gym and competition gym.
We are able to compete 6 gymnasts per event, per team.
Practice: 4:00-7:00 at Davidson
Team Meal to follow Practice at Davidson. The gymnasts will then make Spirit Posters for the other teams while we wait for the Basketball game to finish.
We will then set up the equipment in the main gym after the Basketball game. The more hands we have there- the faster we all go home!!
Parents can arrive around 9:00- the game usually does not end before that.
Gymnasts need to arrive at Davidson by 7:00 am
This is an invitational- so there will be 6 competitors per event per team. However, as this is our Invitational, I can put up more “teams” . This means that all gymnasts will compete on at least one event at the Invitational!!
The meet is broken into 4 flights of 4 teams. So the teams will go:
Warmup- Compete- Bye- Bye
I will have the Flights listed at the Meet so you can have an idea of when your gymnast will compete!
Tryouts for the 2018- 2019 Varsity Gymnastics team are This Weekend!
Saturday Nov 3rd, 8:00-10:00 am
Sunday Nov 4th, 2:00-4:30pm
Both days held at Fliptastic! Gymnastics
Gymnasts MUST have an up to date Physical PRIOR to Tryouts!
(you can get a Physical at the Little Clinic or similar places if needed)
Please see the Minimum Requirements page for Tryout information
Please see the Schedules page for Meet Schedule and Team Calendar
For Gymnasts that make the team- there will be a MANDATORY Team Meeting for Parents & Gymnasts on Thursday Nov 8th, 7:30-9:00 pm @ Davidson
UPDATE: 1st day of conditioning will be Wednesday October 10th!!!
Pre-Season Gymnastics Conditioning begins
Monday October 8th
When: Mondays and Wednesdays from October
8th. 10th -October 29th.
Where: Davidson Wrestling room
Interested gymnasts are strongly encouraged to attend if not engaged in fall sports during those times!!!
We are getting ready for our 2018-2019 Season!
Tryouts will be held on Saturday November 3rd & Sunday November 4th – Time/Location TBD
Please review the Minimum Requirements Page in preparation for Tryouts
Contact Coach Carol if you have questions! email@example.com
Friday- Team Competition (Bradley Team Competing-1st time ever!)
2:15- Coaches Meeting
3:00 Parade of Competitors/March In
3:10-1st group Warm up Begins
3:30-Competition begins for 1st group
**From what I can tell so far- it looks as if Bradley will be in the 2nd group. So- if this is the case- they would be warming up at 3:30 and then competing between 3:50-4:00.
Saturday- Individual Competition (Davidson- Nikia (Bars), Darby- Chloe (Floor), Bradley-Greta (Bars, Beam, Floor, AA – which means she will compete on all 4 Events to get All-Around Score)
11:00- Coaches Meeting
11:30- Parade of Competitors/March In
11:40- First group Warms Up
12:00- 1st Group begins Competition
**From what I can tell- Looks like we will be in the 2nd Group- starting on Balance Beam.
This would mean that Greta would be the first to start competing and that would be around 12:20.
Nikia– if this rotation is correct- Bars would our LAST event- Which would be sometime after 2:15 I would guess.
Chloe– She would probably be competing on Floor around 1:00 or so.
These are probably the best estimates that I will be able to give- hope this is helpful!
We will have a more complete role in the management of the State Meet this week. This increased role will also allow us to raise more money for our Teams!
PARENTS- PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP WITH ANY OF THE BELOW! ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA TABLE OR SET UP/TEAR DOWN
- Set up for State Meet on Thursday 3/1- 7:30-10:00ish
- This involves unloading the equipment truck (equipment is rented) and set up of the equipment
- All Gymnasts will assist with this
- We welcome any Parent helpers for Set Up
- We will be specifically looking for some dads, brothers, friends, etc to help get the equipment out of the truck for the gymnasts to set up
- Workers during the Meet On Friday & Saturday-
- Selling Programs (1-2 gymnasts will be able to do this each day)
- Manning the Media Table in Fieldhouse (Media people will pick up their credentials from this table- and you will also make sure people are not coming/going in the fieldhouse besides competitors and coaches)
- This can be more than ones person, and can be divided into shifts if needed. This will start around the time of March in each day.
- Extra People to Set Bars/move mats as needed
- This will be done by the Gymnasts
- Tear Down of the Equipment on Saturday 3/3
- This will involve breaking down the equipment and loading it back on the truck.
- The Back gym will be able to be torn down while the end of the meet is happening.
- Competition is usually done by about 3:30 or so- so tear down of main gym would begin after competition and awards were done.
- All Gymnasts will assist with this
- We welcome any Parent helpers for Tear Down
- We will be specifically looking for some dads, brothers, friends, etc to help get the equipment back on the truck once the gymnasts take it back there.