Friday- Team Competition (Bradley Team Competing-1st time ever!)
2:15- Coaches Meeting
3:00 Parade of Competitors/March In
3:10-1st group Warm up Begins
3:30-Competition begins for 1st group
**From what I can tell so far- it looks as if Bradley will be in the 2nd group. So- if this is the case- they would be warming up at 3:30 and then competing between 3:50-4:00.
Saturday- Individual Competition (Davidson- Nikia (Bars), Darby- Chloe (Floor), Bradley-Greta (Bars, Beam, Floor, AA – which means she will compete on all 4 Events to get All-Around Score)
11:00- Coaches Meeting
11:30- Parade of Competitors/March In
11:40- First group Warms Up
12:00- 1st Group begins Competition
**From what I can tell- Looks like we will be in the 2nd Group- starting on Balance Beam.
This would mean that Greta would be the first to start competing and that would be around 12:20.
Nikia– if this rotation is correct- Bars would our LAST event- Which would be sometime after 2:15 I would guess.
Chloe– She would probably be competing on Floor around 1:00 or so.
These are probably the best estimates that I will be able to give- hope this is helpful!
We will have a more complete role in the management of the State Meet this week. This increased role will also allow us to raise more money for our Teams!
PARENTS- PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP WITH ANY OF THE BELOW! ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA TABLE OR SET UP/TEAR DOWN
- Set up for State Meet on Thursday 3/1- 7:30-10:00ish
- This involves unloading the equipment truck (equipment is rented) and set up of the equipment
- All Gymnasts will assist with this
- We welcome any Parent helpers for Set Up
- We will be specifically looking for some dads, brothers, friends, etc to help get the equipment out of the truck for the gymnasts to set up
- Workers during the Meet On Friday & Saturday-
- Selling Programs (1-2 gymnasts will be able to do this each day)
- Manning the Media Table in Fieldhouse (Media people will pick up their credentials from this table- and you will also make sure people are not coming/going in the fieldhouse besides competitors and coaches)
- This can be more than ones person, and can be divided into shifts if needed. This will start around the time of March in each day.
- Extra People to Set Bars/move mats as needed
- This will be done by the Gymnasts
- Tear Down of the Equipment on Saturday 3/3
- This will involve breaking down the equipment and loading it back on the truck.
- The Back gym will be able to be torn down while the end of the meet is happening.
- Competition is usually done by about 3:30 or so- so tear down of main gym would begin after competition and awards were done.
- All Gymnasts will assist with this
- We welcome any Parent helpers for Tear Down
- We will be specifically looking for some dads, brothers, friends, etc to help get the equipment back on the truck once the gymnasts take it back there.
- Date: Saturday February 24th
- Location: Worthington Kilbourne High School
- Bus Time: 11:15 am
- March in/Announcement of Teams: 1:00 pm
- 1st Flight Warmups: 1:20
- Competition Begins: 1:40
- Bradley– 1st AfternoonFlight- Vault (approx. 1:40pm)
- Darby- 2nd Afternoon Flight- Bars (approx. 2:00pm)
- Davidson– 3rd Afternoon Flight- Floor (approx. 2:20 pm)
- There is a warmup gym and a competition gym- the teams will rotate from the warmup gym, to the main gym until all events are completed
- Awards: Scheduled for 5:45 pm
- T-Shirts: They will be selling T-shirts the day of the meet. I do not have a design and they are not doing pre-orders. I believe the prices will be $18 & $23 (I am guessing Short Sleeve & Long Sleeve)
- Friday Night Team Meal (after practice) will be at Coach Carol’s house. We should be done by around 8:30/9:00 or so.
- Senior night “festivities” (introduction/walk-in for each senior) Will start around 6:15.
- Parent should be there no later than 6:00- you may want to come earlier if you need more time to set up your Senior Board (we will have tables out for them to sit on)
- Competition will begin after the senior introductions & pictures (hopefully between 6:30-6:45)
- We will have Cake and Cookies at the end of the meet!
- The format of the meet will be the same as our normal home meets- with the only exception being that we will be highlighting our Seniors on each event.
BUCKEYE DIVISION (NO Hilliard Teams)
7:55am- 11:00 am
CARDINAL DIVISION (Bradley & Darby)
10:00 am- Gymnast Report time
11:15- Introduction of Teams
11:20- Warm-up/Compete **
CENTRAL DIVISION (Davidson)
1:00 pm- Gymnast Report time
1:45 – Stretch
2:15- Introduction of Teams
2:20- Warm-up/Compete **
** The gymnasts will warm-up each event and then compete on that event right after- they will then cycle through all of the events in that way.
As we are hosting the OCC Championship meet next Saturday- we are responsible for providing the other coaches and judges with a hospitality room/area.
Please see the link below for the sign up.
If anyone wants to call around or knows a connection- in the past we have been able to get some businesses to donate something like a tray of half sandwiches or wraps. If we do get that, we could substitute something like that for either the shredded chicken or meatballs.
Practice today (Sun 1/28) will be OPTIONAL/Open Gym Style.
From 2:30-4:00 at Fliptastic!
Dawg House Challenge (Tri-Valley Invitational)
Saturday January 27, 2018
Tri-Valley High School
46 East Muskingum Ave
Dresden, Ohio 43821
7:15- Report to School
7:30- Bus Leaves
9:25 Presentation of Teams
9:30 Group 1 warm-up & Compete Right After
Each team can compete up to 6 gymnasts per event
Awards are scheduled for Noon (but this is just an estimate, it could go longer)
Friday 1/12 Practice is CANCELLED
Saturday 1/13 McGee Invitational is CANCELLED
Stay tuned for Sunday Practice/Open Gym times!
Practice is CANCELLED for Today- Tuesday December 26th. Enjoy the extra rest!