Practice: 4:00-7:00 at Davidson
Team Meal to follow Practice at Davidson. The gymnasts will then make Spirit Posters for the other teams while we wait for the Basketball game to finish.
We will then set up the equipment in the main gym after the Basketball game. The more hands we have there- the faster we all go home!!
Parents can arrive around 9:00- the game usually does not end before that.
Gymnasts need to arrive at Davidson by 7:00 am
This is an invitational- so there will be 6 competitors per event per team. However, as this is our Invitational, I can put up more “teams” . This means that all gymnasts will compete on at least one event at the Invitational!!
The meet is broken into 4 flights of 4 teams. So the teams will go:
Warmup- Compete- Bye- Bye
I will have the Flights listed at the Meet so you can have an idea of when your gymnast will compete!
Tryouts for the 2018- 2019 Varsity Gymnastics team are This Weekend!
Saturday Nov 3rd, 8:00-10:00 am
Sunday Nov 4th, 2:00-4:30pm
Both days held at Fliptastic! Gymnastics
Gymnasts MUST have an up to date Physical PRIOR to Tryouts!
(you can get a Physical at the Little Clinic or similar places if needed)
Please see the Minimum Requirements page for Tryout information
Please see the Schedules page for Meet Schedule and Team Calendar
For Gymnasts that make the team- there will be a MANDATORY Team Meeting for Parents & Gymnasts on Thursday Nov 8th, 7:30-9:00 pm @ Davidson
UPDATE: 1st day of conditioning will be Wednesday October 10th!!!
Pre-Season Gymnastics Conditioning begins
Monday October 8th
When: Mondays and Wednesdays from October
8th. 10th -October 29th.
Where: Davidson Wrestling room
Interested gymnasts are strongly encouraged to attend if not engaged in fall sports during those times!!!
We are getting ready for our 2018-2019 Season!
Tryouts will be held on Saturday November 3rd & Sunday November 4th – Time/Location TBD
Please review the Minimum Requirements Page in preparation for Tryouts
Contact Coach Carol if you have questions! email@example.com
Friday- Team Competition (Bradley Team Competing-1st time ever!)
2:15- Coaches Meeting
3:00 Parade of Competitors/March In
3:10-1st group Warm up Begins
3:30-Competition begins for 1st group
**From what I can tell so far- it looks as if Bradley will be in the 2nd group. So- if this is the case- they would be warming up at 3:30 and then competing between 3:50-4:00.
Saturday- Individual Competition (Davidson- Nikia (Bars), Darby- Chloe (Floor), Bradley-Greta (Bars, Beam, Floor, AA – which means she will compete on all 4 Events to get All-Around Score)
11:00- Coaches Meeting
11:30- Parade of Competitors/March In
11:40- First group Warms Up
12:00- 1st Group begins Competition
**From what I can tell- Looks like we will be in the 2nd Group- starting on Balance Beam.
This would mean that Greta would be the first to start competing and that would be around 12:20.
Nikia– if this rotation is correct- Bars would our LAST event- Which would be sometime after 2:15 I would guess.
Chloe– She would probably be competing on Floor around 1:00 or so.
These are probably the best estimates that I will be able to give- hope this is helpful!
We will have a more complete role in the management of the State Meet this week. This increased role will also allow us to raise more money for our Teams!
PARENTS- PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP WITH ANY OF THE BELOW! ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA TABLE OR SET UP/TEAR DOWN
- Set up for State Meet on Thursday 3/1- 7:30-10:00ish
- This involves unloading the equipment truck (equipment is rented) and set up of the equipment
- All Gymnasts will assist with this
- We welcome any Parent helpers for Set Up
- We will be specifically looking for some dads, brothers, friends, etc to help get the equipment out of the truck for the gymnasts to set up
- Workers during the Meet On Friday & Saturday-
- Selling Programs (1-2 gymnasts will be able to do this each day)
- Manning the Media Table in Fieldhouse (Media people will pick up their credentials from this table- and you will also make sure people are not coming/going in the fieldhouse besides competitors and coaches)
- This can be more than ones person, and can be divided into shifts if needed. This will start around the time of March in each day.
- Extra People to Set Bars/move mats as needed
- This will be done by the Gymnasts
- Tear Down of the Equipment on Saturday 3/3
- This will involve breaking down the equipment and loading it back on the truck.
- The Back gym will be able to be torn down while the end of the meet is happening.
- Competition is usually done by about 3:30 or so- so tear down of main gym would begin after competition and awards were done.
- All Gymnasts will assist with this
- We welcome any Parent helpers for Tear Down
- We will be specifically looking for some dads, brothers, friends, etc to help get the equipment back on the truck once the gymnasts take it back there.
- Date: Saturday February 24th
- Location: Worthington Kilbourne High School
- Bus Time: 11:15 am
- March in/Announcement of Teams: 1:00 pm
- 1st Flight Warmups: 1:20
- Competition Begins: 1:40
- Bradley– 1st AfternoonFlight- Vault (approx. 1:40pm)
- Darby- 2nd Afternoon Flight- Bars (approx. 2:00pm)
- Davidson– 3rd Afternoon Flight- Floor (approx. 2:20 pm)
- There is a warmup gym and a competition gym- the teams will rotate from the warmup gym, to the main gym until all events are completed
- Awards: Scheduled for 5:45 pm
- T-Shirts: They will be selling T-shirts the day of the meet. I do not have a design and they are not doing pre-orders. I believe the prices will be $18 & $23 (I am guessing Short Sleeve & Long Sleeve)
- Friday Night Team Meal (after practice) will be at Coach Carol’s house. We should be done by around 8:30/9:00 or so.
- Senior night “festivities” (introduction/walk-in for each senior) Will start around 6:15.
- Parent should be there no later than 6:00- you may want to come earlier if you need more time to set up your Senior Board (we will have tables out for them to sit on)
- Competition will begin after the senior introductions & pictures (hopefully between 6:30-6:45)
- We will have Cake and Cookies at the end of the meet!
- The format of the meet will be the same as our normal home meets- with the only exception being that we will be highlighting our Seniors on each event.
BUCKEYE DIVISION (NO Hilliard Teams)
7:55am- 11:00 am
CARDINAL DIVISION (Bradley & Darby)
10:00 am- Gymnast Report time
11:15- Introduction of Teams
11:20- Warm-up/Compete **
CENTRAL DIVISION (Davidson)
1:00 pm- Gymnast Report time
1:45 – Stretch
2:15- Introduction of Teams
2:20- Warm-up/Compete **
** The gymnasts will warm-up each event and then compete on that event right after- they will then cycle through all of the events in that way.